Biomechanics is the study of human motion. Observing how individual bodies move helps when determining what may have contributed to an injury and therefore how to prevent it from recurring.
Physios are professionally trained to detect biomechanical faults which can cause or predispose you to injury.
Biomechanical analysis may involve:
- Gait analysis – assesment of your walking pattern
- Running analysis – assessment of your running style, often performed on a treadmill with a video recording taken in order to analyse your running style in slow motion.
- Sport-specific analysis – assessment of your tennis serve, golf swing, kicking style or jump & land technique in order to determine areas of concern or to optimise performance.
- Workplace analysis – assessment of your worksite/workstation and how you sit or move to do your job
ESP Physios are happy to liaise with your coach, employer or personal trainer regarding advice to manage existing injury, prevent recurrent injury or improve upon current performance.
WE ALSO OFFER
- Biomechanical Analysis
- Clinical Pilates
- Dry Needling
- Exercise Prescription
- Hands On Therapy
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Work Assessments & Injury Management